The Accounting & Finance group is seeking a versatile and organized team player with strong leadership and communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. A Senior Associate on this team has high visibility to company leadership and is primarily responsible for functioning as a finance partner with client facing account teams for a portfolio of clients. This individual will also handle weekly reporting and analysis, as well as dashboard preparation, treasury management and ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE
Global Prairie is different by design. One part creative agency, one part data analytics shop and one part consulting firm, we deliver deep, innovative thinking – quickly. Because we don’t operate as a traditional agency in terms of process, structure or output, we look for team members with an entrepreneurial spirit who embrace innovation and are comfortable working with best-in-class leaders.
Everyone at Global Prairie shares the following characteristics:
- Community-minded and philanthropic
Strong candidates for this specific role will demonstrate:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Ability to work in high stakes environment
- Self-awareness and self-starter mentality
- Detail orientation
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Confidence in communicating with peers and senior leadership
- Minimum 4 years progressive accounting experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- Public accounting or professional services experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills; must be self-motivated, highly dependable and organized
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, particularly with regard to presenting financial results to peers and management
- Attention to detail and analytical problem-solving skills are must-haves
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
Working across the Finance team, this individual will be responsible for a variety of tasks, such as:
- Lead weekly account director touchbase meetings to discuss forecasting, staffing, and profitability, making any updates to forecast as necessary based on topics discussed
Prepare weekly reports for CFO to review before distributing
- Work in process recap
- Utilization report (summarizing billability of client facing team members)
- Weekly dashboard for account directors
- Weekly dashboard for Co-CEO’s
- ACH and check positive pay
- Foreign and domestic ACH and wire management and initiation
- Daily monitoring of cash receipts
- Review of weekly check runs
Client Financial Management
- Monthly and weekly monitoring of work in process for a portfolio of clients; alerting the client facing team(s) when a particular project is not in line with forecast and/or budget
Financial management and billing for a portfolio of clients
- Create and send billing batches to account teams once all missing time is accounted for
- Lead monthly meetings with account teams to discuss billing, budget vs. actual, etc.
- Work with account team to make any necessary time transfers, follow up on any missing out of pocket expenses, freelancer time, etc., to ensure a complete invoice total
- Process invoices in Advantage (accounting software customized for marketing and advertising agencies), compile invoice packets (varying levels of detail and support depending on the client)
- Ensure that account leads review all invoices before they’re sent to the client
- Submit invoices directly to the client
- Draft client versions of our internal budget trackers for those clients that request them
- For clients that use PO’s, perform monthly reconciliations to ensure that we have not exceeded the PO total or any of the individual line items in the PO
- Proactively track past due invoices and follow up with account team and/or client regularly
- Provide separate reporting documents to clients outside of billing, as requested
- Participate in team review of outstanding WIP at month end to calculate revenue accrual amount
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
- Assist with overall financial and operational process improvements
- Serve as backup for other team members as necessary, (opportunity to cross-train with other skill sets)
Assist with media buy management
- Communicate with external media buyer and internal account teams on a regular basis
- Review all support from external media buyer and ensure that ads ran as scheduled and that all amounts invoiced were correct
- Compile all supporting documentation into packets to share with the client
- Work with accounting and finance team to prepare and compile all documents requested by external financial statement auditors and tax preparers
WHAT GLOBAL PRAIRIE OFFERS
We are a purpose-driven marketing firm founded on the belief that business should be a force for good. We’re passionate about driving breakthrough results for organizations that make the world a better place. And it’s not just the work we do – but how we work – that creates our impact. As a Public Benefit Corporation and certified Benefit Corporation (B-Corp), we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
We are a team of smart, driven individuals who partner with our clients to create positive change. Our shared commitment to making the world a better place unites us. In addition, we recognize and celebrate our individual strengths and contributions.
Our culture is best-in-class. With generous, industry-leading benefits, supportive and progressive employee programs, collaborative office environments, and top percentile compensation packages, the culture at Global Prairie is unparalleled. And as an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), we operate as a 100% employee-owned company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK CONDITIONS
The physical activity required of this position includes standing, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, kneeling, reaching, stooping, talking, hearing and use of repetitive motion. Light work is required of this position, occasionally lifting or moving objects between 10-20 pounds. The visual acuity of this position requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle. This position will not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Creativity, great ideas and lasting impact come from diverse teams. Global Prairie is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.